STUDENT STORIES : We Raised $500 for Blessing to Continue Her Studies!

 



A week ago a young lady named Blessing reached out to me stating she needed help. She told me how she is a 4th Year Medical student and she was studying and working as a Kindergarten teacher in Ternopil before the war broke out.


Due to the war Blessing had been forced to flee to Germany. She told she has school fees to pay yet she can't even feed herself right now. She told me "I don't want to drop out in 4th year" and it really resonated with me because Medicine is very hard and it takes a lot of sacrifice and to get to 4th year and be forced to stop is so heartbreaking.


I had recently began the crowdfunding campaign to raise money for students to continue with their education and I knew that Blessing had to be the first person we help. I shared Blessing's story on my twitter and urged people to donate so we could help Blessing continue with her studies.


Today a lady named Diane reached out to me asking if we had managed to raise the money to help Blessing and I told her the full amount had not been raised yet and she still needed help. Diane paid the remainder and today we could tell Blessing that because of the generosity of the global community she would be able to continue her studies. She was so happy she cried and told us she wasn't even expecting anyone to offer to help her.


Stories like Blessing's are not isolated, all the African students who fled Ukraine are in the same position, in a state of limbo trying to figure out what happens next. This initiative is to give students that little bit of hope to keep on keeping on. It is important that the students dreams are not shattered due to this terrible war. This war has destroyed so many lives already and we should do everything we can to ensure no more lives are destroyed.


Please donate so we can help more students like Blessing.


Comments